Selenium Helper is a web based utility developed in ASP to perform following tasks.
- Copy file's from one location to another location.
- Send selenium execution reports through email.
- Compare two text files.
- Execute SQL queries.
- Create test run id, to save selenium test results.
Selenium Helper Utility URL : http://util-devexp:8080/helper/v5/index.html
Has following features
- Test Suite by ID – Email -> Link for sending email reports by test run ID.
- Execute Some SQL (Structured Query Language) -> Link for executing SQL queries.
- Execute SQL commands from a file -> Link for executing .sql file.
- Test Suite by Date –> Link to view results by Date.
- Upload -> For copying file from one location to another.
- Text File Compare -> To compare two text files.
- Send Email Message -> To write and send email message.
- Create runID file -> For creating runID depending on robot machine.
How to use the Helper in Selenium?
Open ASP Helper page from Selenium Script using open or openWindow command as below,
Then create a Selenium script to use particular feature on ASP Helper utility.
Results Handling in Selenium
Test Run Id :
Dynamically generated unique identification number which is used to store and retrieve test suite results from results database.
Steps to save test suite results in database:
- Create test run id for a test suite in the first test of every test suite.
- Create a log entry in individual test scripts for that test using test run id.
- Write log status as passed or failed at the end of every test script.
- Above Step 2 will generate run id for individual test script.
URL to save results into database and writing Log Entry: