- Selenium is open-source software and can be downloaded and used without any charge.
- Selenium is a test tool for web applications. Selenium tests run directly in a browser and they run on Internet Explorer, Mozilla, Firefox on Windows, Linux and Macintosh.
- Browser compatibility testing. Test your application to see if it works correctly on different browsers and operating systems.
- System functional testing. Create regression tests to verify application functionality and user acceptance test.
Selenium Supported Platforms
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Suite
- Mozilla Suite
Selenium Sub Projects
- Selenium IDE : Selenium IDE is an integrated development environment for Selenium tests. It is implemented as a Firefox extension, and allows you to record, edit, and debug tests.
- Selenium Core : Selenium Core uses a unique mechanism which allows it to run on many platforms and in different browsers . Run or execute number of test script also individual at a time.
- Selenium Remote Control : It is a test tool that allows you to design and execute scripts of your web application by using programming languages like Java, .NET, PHP, Perl, Python, and Ruby.
- Selenium Grid: It is a way to perform Selenium testing on a distributed network of computers. Once the we have come up with a lot if tests, this will help in speeding up things.
- Selenium on Rails: Using this tool we can test the Rails application with Selenium very easily.
What Is Selenium Verification?
Verification is the Process through which the Selenium tool retrieve's the actual value from the AUT and compare's with the stored expected Value.
- Tester stores an expected result with the variable on test script.
- Selenium will captures an actual result while playback.
- Selenium will Compare Actual value and Expected Value.
- Selenium will give the Result.