- Manual Testing
- Test Management
- Test Automation
- Test Templates
- Testing Resources
Software Test Release Metrics
Some of the Software test release related metrics are as below. However they vary from company to company and project to project.
Test Cases executed
1. All the test cases should be executed atleast once. 100% test case execution.
2. Pass test cases >= 98% (this number can vary).
1. Sufficient effort has been spent on all the phases, components/modules of the software/product under test.
2. This needs to be quantified as (Effort spent per module / Effort spent on all modules)*100
Example: effort needs to be quantified for each phase like Requirements analysis, Design(test cases design), execution, etc.
Open Defects with priority
1. If we plot a graph with number of open defects against time, it should show a downward trend.
2. There should not be any open show stoppers/blockers before release. So 0 blockers in open state.
3. Close to 0 Critical/major defects before release. However this is never 0, as these fixes will be postponed to the next release as long as they are ok to have.